Purpose: To maintain drapes and blinds and to keep them free from dust and lint, thus creating a healthy and attractive environment.
1. Vacuum cleaner with attachments
2. Step ladder
3. Caution sign
1. Post the caution sign.
2. Carefully set up the ladder, if needed, being sure to place it squarely on a level surface and lock it open before climbing onto it.
1. Vacuum the drapes and blinds
A. Using the correct attachment, carefully vacuum the drapes or blinds being careful not to extend your reach.
B. After completing a section, carefully climb down from the ladder and relocate it so that the next section is accessible.
C. Continue in this manner until the drapes or blinds have been completely vacuumed.
2. Clean up
A. Inspect the plug and coil the cord and wipe off the unit.
B. Check the bag and replace if necessary.
C. Store the vacuum in its assigned location.
D. Store the ladder and caution sign properly.
1. Always take the time to position the ladder squarely on an even surface and lock it into the open position before attempting to climb it. NEVER stand on the top two steps of a ladder.
2. Always check electrical equipment prior to use (refer to the procedure for care of electrical equipment).
3. Avoid running over the electrical cord with the machine; manage the cord so as to work away from the outlet rather than toward it.
4. Always post caution signs appropriately.
5. Always unplug the machine prior to checking or working on it.