Purpose: To keep all equipment in clean and working condition.
1. All-purpose cleaner
2. Hand pail
3. Cleaning cloths
4. Gloves, goggles, and other appropriate personal protective equipment
1. Properly dispense the appropriate cleaning solution.
1. Store the floor machine brushes and pads
A. Never turn on the floor machine until the brush is locked into place.
B. Do not allow the brush to stand on the bristles; hang it or lay it flat on its back.
C. Comb the bristles regularly to remove foreign matter and to eliminate tangling.
D. Never use a brush, which has a loose or broken adapter plate.
E. Be sure to use the proper brush for the job to be performed.
F. Wash brushes in all purpose cleaner, rinse and allow to dry
G. Wash pads in floor sink with all-purpose cleaner after each use and place on a flat surface or hang to dry.
H. Always follow OSHA guidelines when working with blood or body fluids.
2. Clean up
A. Return all equipment to the appropriate area.
1. Use equipment only for the purpose for which it has been designed.
2. Always practice correct lifting techniques when lifting, pushing, pulling or moving equipment.
3. Always practice standard precautions when cleaning any blood or body fluid spills, or soil that could contain these or other potentially infectious material from equipment.
4. When cleaning or decontaminating equipment, be careful not to get chemicals on any surface for which it is not intended in order to avoid damage.
5. Be careful not to splash any cleaning chemicals into your eyes, nose, mouth or onto your skin. Always wear gloves for protection. Eye and face protection is required where there is reasonable probability that injury could result without it. Safety goggles are required in chemical operations where there is potential for chemical fumes, splashes, mists, sprays or dust exposure to the eyes.
6. Always store equipment properly and in a safe manner that does not present a hazard to yourself or others.
7. Inspect the electrical cord and plug before and after each use; report any frayed or cut wires to your supervisor and do not plug in the unit if these conditions are present.