First Veterinary Medicine College
South of Lagomarcino Hall
"In 1879, Iowa State University established the first public college of veterinary medicine in the United States. In 1903, Iowa State began offering the nationís first four-year professional program in veterinary medicine. Today, veterinary graduates of Iowa State are working as professionals in animal health and public health in every state of the U.S. and in dozens of countries around the globe."
The College of Veterinary Medicine was located at the Veterinary Quadrangle from 1912 to 1976. Please visit the College of Veterinary Medicineís history website for additional information. There is an identical marker on the west side of Veterinary Medicine.
Copyright © 1995-2013, Iowa State University, all rights reserved.