Type of Gift:
South of Mackay Hall
"Christian Petersen (1883-1961) Artist in Residence, Iowa State, 1934-1955. The Ring of Life, originally commissioned as The Marriage Ring, 1942. These figures were reproduced from the original terra cotta figures in 1991, funding for the restoration, reproduction and conservation of this sculpture was provided by the alumni and friends of the College of Family and Consumer Sciences, and the University Museums. The pool and fountain of the Marriage Ring was restored in 2002 by The Class of 1951, with special support given in loving memory of Jacquelyn B. Legg by her grateful husband Lucius D. Legg, B.S.C.E. '51."
The class gift helped in the restoration of The Ring of Life for their 50th anniversary.
Copyright © 1995-2013, Iowa State University, all rights reserved.