Title:

First Water Tower

Location:

East side of Water Tower

Plaque Text:

"The 168-foot-tall Marston Water Tower was the first elevated steel water tank west of the Mississippi River when it was erected in 1897. It is named for Anson Marston, Iowa State’s first engineering dean, who designed the tower and oversaw its construction. The Marston Water Tower is on the National Register of Historic Places."

Closeup photo Context photo