Type of Marker:
West of State Gym
The gates to Clyde Williams Field were a gift of W. G. Lane (Class of '09) in 1938.
A plaque with the words 'Honor Before Victory' was moved to Jack Trice Stadium in 2005.
The brick gateways were removed in 2010 as part of the construction of the addition to State Gym. Replica gates were constructed at the east end of State Gym.
The iron pedestrian gate was relocated to the Eggerling Iowa State University Traditions Garden at the Alumni Center.
Copyright © 1995-2013, Iowa State University, all rights reserved.