Type of Marker:
Lincoln Highway marker
"This Highway Dedicated to Abraham Lincoln."
As part of the last promotional activity of the Lincoln Highway Association, groups of Boy Scouts placed almost 3,000 concrete markers along the Lincoln Highway route to officially mark and dedicate it to the memory of Abraham Lincoln. The markers, including this one on campus, were placed September 1, 1928 at 9 AM simultaneously across the route. Only a few markers remain on the more than 3,000 mile length of the route.