First Veterinary Medicine College
South of Vet Med Plaza
"In 1879, Iowa State University established the first public college of veterinary medicine in the United States. In 1903, Iowa State began offering the nationís first four-year professional program in veterinary medicine. Today, veterinary graduates of Iowa State are working as professionals in animal health and public health in every state of the U.S. and in dozens of countries around the globe."
The College of Veterinary Medicine relocated to its current location in 1976. Please visit the College of Veterinary Medicine's history website for additional information. An identical marker is located on the south side of Lagomarcino Hall.
Copyright © 1995-2013, Iowa State University, all rights reserved.