Introduction to FP&M
Who is FP&M?
We are a service organization comprised of more than 400 full-time employees (including trades, support, and professional staff).
FP&M also employs a large number of students throughout the year, mainly during the summer months.
Although our skills are very diverse, we all work together towards the same objective, to serve the university community.
What is FP&M?
FP&M strives to provide the university community with a safe, comfortable, and usable physical environment.
The term "facilities" refers to all the buildings, grounds, walks, drives, parking lots, and utility systems belonging to the university.
FP&M consists of the following divisions: Facilities Services, Space Planning and Management, Campus Planning, University Architect, Design and Construction Services, Utilities Services, Business Services & Auxiliary Operations.
Where is FP&M Located?
FP&M is located in the General Services Building on the east side of campus (corner of Wallace Road and Osborn Drive), near the Power Plant. The General Services Building houses FP&M and Central Stores departments.
Facilities Services (Maintenance)
- Electrical Engineering and Distribution
- Mechanical Engineering and Distribution
- Utility Production (Power Plant)
Business Services & Auxiliary Operations
- Accounting Services
- Administrative Services
- Computer Support Services
- Auxiliary Operations
Space Planning and Management
- Space Planning
- Capital Planning and Analysis
- Facilities Space Inventory
- Instructional Facilities/Classroom Scheduling
- Master Planning
- Landscape Design
- Capital Project Initiation
- Design Standards
- Chief Engineer
Design and Construction Services
- Design Services (architecture, engineering, interior design, project coordination)
- Capital Project Management
- Contract Administration
- Agricultural Project Services