Off-campus shipping is for all university shipping and mailing to domestic or international off-campus recipients.
- Students in residence halls should refer to Residence Hall Mail
- Mail going to another campus location should use Campus Mail
- Personal mail should be handled by your local post office
If you are shipping a hazardous material, the Federal Department of Transportation shipping regulations require shipping of hazardous materials to be properly classified, documented, and handled by trained employees. Failure to meet these regulatory requirements may result in citations, fines, and/or imprisonment. Preparation of shipment must follow the instructions on EH&S Hazardous Materials Shipping website to prepare, document, and ship hazardous materials.
Please remember, all EH&S related packages must be transported to Postal and Parcel Services by the shipping department. These items will not be transported in Campus Mail as the packages have not been properly inspected for meeting regulatory requirements.
Procedure for Shipping Off-Campus
1. Choose your carrier and shipping serviceNote: See Choose a carrier service for help selecting a shipping service
Service Rates and Transit Time Calculators:
2. Complete the mailing instruction card
- For DHL, FedEx, UPS, and USPS Express: Green Express Services Mail Instruction Card
- For USPS: White Mail Instruction Card
3. Package shipment
All shipments, regardless of content, should be sent in NEW packaging material. Insured packages are required to be packaged in new packing materials and packed per carrier instructions. Noncompliance can result in the package being returned to the shipper regardless of contents.
- DHL Packaging Advice
- FedEx Express Packaging Help
- UPS Express Packing Help
- USPS and USPS Express Packing Preparation
4. Submit your package to Postal and Parcel
Outgoing mail and packages will be picked up from a specific location in your building. Click here to find your building's mailing location.
To ensure you package is shipping, packages must be received by Postal and Parcel by:
- DHL International: 3:30 pm
- FedEx Ground: 2:00 pm
- FedEx Express: 4:00 pm
- UPS Express and Ground: 4:00 pm
- USPS Express: Consult Postal and Parcel to confirm time
- Hazardous materials: refer to EH&S hazardous materials shipping website for day and time
Bulk mailings for standard, non-profit standard, and first-class automated mail may qualify for lower rates. Contact Printing and Copy Services for more information and rates.