Office of Sustainability
The Office of Sustainability (Live Green Initiative) is poised in developing and embodying sustainable practices that integrate excellence in education with institutional accountability for our natural, economic and human resources.
Iowa State University's 2021-2025 Strategic Plan for Sustainability in Operations, advised through resolutions from Faculty Senate and Student Government and the recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Sustainability and the University Sustainability Committee, guides focused commitment to reducing carbon emissions, reducing energy consumption and applying cohesive and overarching sustainability procedures to day-to-day operations. Read more about the sustainability plan here.
- Continuing on the path to Zero Waste: Read where that path took Recycling Services this past fiscal year
- Inside Iowa State: "From boxes as bedding to dorm room bins, recycling efforts blossom"
- Spring 2020 Recycling Newsletter
- Guide to single stream recycling in campus offices
- Sustainable Materials Management- Campus "New Normal" Response to Waste Culture During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Reducing, reusing are keys to limiting COVID-19 waste surge
- Solar-powered recycling units join trash compactors
- FY20 Campus Waste Performance Outlook
- Fall 2019 Recycling Newsletter (pdf)
- Fall 2020 Recycling News (Brief)
- April 2021 Newsletter
- May 2021 Newsletter
- October 2021 Newsletter
- November 2021 Newsletter
- December 2021 Newsletter