College of DesignOfficial abbreviation: DESIGN
Constructed in 1978
Additions built in 1999,
|6 AM - Midnight||6 AM - Midnight||6 AM - Midnight||6 AM - Midnight||6 AM - Midnight||8 AM - 10 PM||11 AM - Midnight|
- Team Supervisor: Jodie Holzmer
- Custodians: Dan Isaacson,Mark McConeghey,Craig Strother
- 10:40 AM: Collection / Delivery (Hallway 0023)
- 2:30 PM: Collection only (Hallway 0023)
- Monday: between Noon and 3 PM (), between 7:30 AM and 9:30 AM
- Tuesday: between 7:30 AM and 9:30 AM, between Noon and 3 PM ()
- Wednesday: between Noon and 3 PM (), between 7:30 AM and 9:30 AM
- Thursday: between 7:30 AM and 9:30 AM, between Noon and 3 PM ()
- Friday: between Noon and 3 PM (), between 7:30 AM and 9:30 AM
The building is actually built like two six-story non-rectangular parallelograms connected at the top and sides with smoke gray glass, creating an impressive skylight which runs the length of the building. Shadows from the framework of the skylight cast ever-changing patterns across the walls of the building during the daylight hours, and the open court beneath the skylight means that there are no dark corridors anywhere in the building.
The unique design has a practical function, though, aside from its visual appeal. The design assures that every classroom and workspace in the building is on an exterior wall, making maximum use of natural lighting during daytime classes.