Employment at FPM
Facilities Planning and Management (FPM) is an organization dedicated to the maintenance and enhancement of Iowa State University. As one of the largest departments on campus, we are comprised of more than 470 full-time employees. The term facilities refers to the buildings, grounds, walks, roads, parking lots, and utility systems belonging to Iowa State University, which means our staff touches nearly every facet of campus. We have employees filling roles in eight major work units performing jobs from carpenters to power plant engineers and so many more. We are dedicated professionals with very diverse skills working to provide the university community with a safe, comfortable, and reliable campus environment.
Our mission, vision, and core values align with the university's mission to create, share, and apply knowledge to make Iowa and the world a better place.
We are professionals who collaborate with our university partners to develop, operate, and maintain campus facilities.
We will earn customer confidence and trust through excellence in service by making and keeping commitments.
Our Core Values
- Stewardship - We are responsible for the university's physical assets in our care.
- Accountability - We are accountable to our customers, and to each other.
- Innovation - We are innovative and strive to create a better future.
- Integrity - We are honest, ethical, and professional.
- Sustainability - We are meeting the needs of today without compromising the future.
Jobs currently being advertised
If you are an Iowa State student looking for employment with one of our work groups, please fill out the Student Employment Application above and submit to email@example.com, or come in to Room 108 General Services Building to fill out an application in person.