The following special events may be scheduled through Room Scheduling:
- Student organization meetings and events
- Review sessions
- Faculty interview sites
- Final defense
- Guest speakers
- Iowa State-hosted conference*
* Prior to requesting a room, contact Conference Planning and Management.
Events Requiring Special Attention
- Outdoor Events: University Outdoor Space Request
- Events Charging Admission: Student Activities Center
- Weddings: Memorial Union, Room Reservation Office, 294-1437
- Events involving persons under 18: Office of Risk Management
- Large Group Events (over 250 people attending): planning needs to start with the Student Activities Center or Conference Planning and Management.
- Classes and exams have priority over special events.
- Groups are responsible for the actions of their guests.
- Vendors are allowed to use classrooms only if a department or student organization sponsors them, takes on the responsibility of the event, and contacts Room Scheduling.
Other Room Options
Additional spaces may be scheduled through the Memorial Union, Iowa State Center, Recreation Services, Residence Halls and Departmental Offices. To make arrangements to use these facilities contact the associated scheduling office. Scheduling guidelines for special events room requests are available at the various scheduling offices.
Individual departments must be contacted directly to schedule departmental spaces.
Interdepartmental staff / faculty: Complete the Hoover Hall Event Notification and Authorization form
Student organizations: Complete the Student Organization Event Authorization form
Don't see the room you want? Contact the building supervisor.